Historic Brockerhoff Hotel in Centre County PA


BrockerhoffHotel
The Brockerhoff Hotel is located on South Allegheny Street in Bellefonte, Centre County, Pennsylvania. James Brenner originally owned a log cabin tavern at this location in the 1860's. This tavern was moved to the corner of Allegheny and Bishop streets so that the completion of the Brockerhoff Hotel could take place. Henry Brockerhoff completed the hotel in 1866. Mr. Brockerhoff also built the Brockerhoff Mill in Bellfonte, PA. The hotel was a large 3 story brick building built on a stone foundation, measuring 170 feet by 60 feet. The original building was executed in the Italianate style. The hotel was renovated in the 1890s by Robert Cole. Mr. Cole added a fourth floor and a mansard roof design, using multicolored slate on the roof, depicting a Queen Anne style. The Brockerhoff Hotel was added to the National Register of Historic Places on April 11, 1977. Today the hotel is used as a residential facility.

Search Articles & Events